The 7th ‘Utrecht Sessions’ on congenital heart disease: Aortic Anomalies
After last year’s highly successful sessions on tetralogy of Fallot, we will focus this year on the state-of-the-art management of patients with aortic anomalies, from vascular rings and slings to coarctation of the aorta and aortic hypoplasia.
We will follow our last year’s concept to discuss the entire spectrum from diagnostics to therapy, from prenatal to adulthood. As in previous years, an international faculty of experts from Europe and North America will guarantee stimulating lectures and interactive discussions.
The main topics will be:
• Pathology and embryology of aortic anomalies
• Imaging of aortic anomalies: from fetal echo and MRI to 4D flow and CFD in the adult
• The airway and esophagus in aortic arch abnormalities
• Surgical strategies in vascular rings and slings
• Coarctation in very low birth weight: stenting as bridge to surgery
• Coarctation and hypoplastic aortic arch; surgical strategies in the newborn
• Brain protection and neuro monitoring in neonatal aortic arch surgery
• Hypertension after CoA, a lifelong vasculopathy?
• Low gradient re-CoA in the adult: what to treat?
• Dissection of the thoracic aorta: Trilogy of treatment
There will be a social dinner on Friday February 7th 2020. We look forward to see you on February 7th and 8th, 2020 in Utrecht. Gregor Krings, Felix Haas, Paul Schoof, Heynric Grotenhuis, Henriëtte ter Heide, Gabriëlle van Iperen, Trinette Steenhuis, Michiel Voskuil, Bram van Wijk
A separate Dutch-spoken satellite symposium will be held on Thursday February 6th intended for parents, local health care providers and our partners in the field of pediatric cardiac care.